Love INC of Eastern Carver County is a partnership of local churches working together to help families and individuals in need in our community. When Love INC was started here about six years ago, there were eight churches that came together to provide help for today and hope for tomorrow. Over the course of these six years, we have experienced amazing and steady growth. Today, we are excited to welcome our 24th partner church to our Love INC network! On December 6th, Pastor Matt Bersagel, of Crown of Glory Lutheran Church, stopped in with the official Partner Church Agreement and a big smile on his face, to make Crown of Glory our newest official church partner.
Partner churches are critical to helping Love INC accomplish its mission of “mobilizing churches to transform lives and our community in the name of Christ.” Yet, it’s not onerous or difficult to become a partner church. Its simply a matter of making an effort to participate in the Love INC ministry. There are just seven basic commitments that are made:
1. Support the Apostle’s Creed, traditional statement of faith of the Christian Church.
2. Pray for Love INC.
3. Encourage unity in Christ by working in partnership with other churches in the community.
4. Recruit a Church Ministry Coordinator who will serve as the liaison between the church and Love INC.
5. Assess the gifts, talents, and skills of people within the church to find those who could help people in need in the community.
6. Promote Love INC service opportunities in various groups within the church.
7. Give financial support that is proportionate to the size and means of the church.
So, congratulations and a big welcome to Crown of Glory Lutheran Church for their new partnership with Love INC of Eastern Carver County. We are glad you are here.